OLBR's Student Life
The lives of students at Our Lady of Black Rock are enriched by the education they receive and the opportunities to join in on many activities and events. At our Lady of Black Rock, we offer students an opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities. We also have a very rich fine arts program that allows our children to explore their artistic side that ranges from art, to singing, choir, band, and instrumental instruction. We are very blessed here to have a dedicated faculty who willingly offer to moderate the wide range of activities during and after school. A typical day at Our Lady of Black Rock begins at 7:50 AM. Students may arrive any time after 7:30 AM and gather in the cafeteria. Breakfast is served from 7:30 AM - 8:00 AM. The school day ends promptly at 2:30 PM with prayer and announcements
Every student takes art, music, physical education, health, library skills and technology. Students in grades 6 - 8 take a Writing Innovation Class. We also offer reading and math support for students who qualify through Title 1 Federal funds
At our Lady of Black Rock, we offer students an opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities. We also have a very rich fine arts program that allows our children to explore their artistic side that ranges from art, to singing, choir, band, and instrumental instruction
Boys and Girls Club
For those students who need after school care, we are blessed to have the Black Rock Boys and Girls Club located on site. They offer school homework assistance and activities for a nominal fee. There are special rates for families with multiple children.
- Track and Field
- Bell Choir - Grades 6 - 8 play at Masses and school events.
- Choir - Grades 3 - 8 sing at Masses and school events.
- Robotics Club - Grades 6 - 8 Design and create a robot that is used in competition
- Drama Club - Grades 3 - 8 Produce various drama shows
- Music Ministry Outreach - Group of students who regularly go outside of school and provide music to nursing homes and at school masses. Bristol Home and the St. Francis Residence at Villa Maria College are two places that the students sing at.
- Healthy Schools Initiative Task Force Team - Group of teachers, parents and students meet to monitor health and wellness issues within the school.
- STREAM Club - Grades 2 - 3
- International Festival
- Young Artists-In-Residence Art Show
- Science Fair
- Cash for COWS
- Spirit Week during the week of Halloween
- Catholic Schools Week
- 8th Grade Hope Ribbon Mass
- 8th Grade Class Trip
- STREAM camp in the summer
At Our Lady of Black Rock, Our Facilities Include:
Classroom Sizes: Average class size 18 to 25 students
Full-sized regulation gymnasium - wood floor; suitable for all indoor sports
Computer Technology (modern student lab; all classrooms with wireless Internet and inter-write boards)
Boys and Girls Club (on site)