MISSION STATEMENT AND PHILOSOPHY OF OUR LADY OF BLACK ROCK
The Mission of Our Lady of Black Rock School is to provide a Catholic education for our students within a caring atmosphere in which they can reach their full potential spiritually, morally, academically, and socially.
Our philosophy is based on the foundation of love, respect, and understanding, and is our means to communicate values through all aspects of the curriculum. This philosophy is coupled with specific goals that nurtures relationships among students, faculty, and parents and is present both within the classroom environment and throughout the entire school community.
The specific goals are:
- To work closely with parents to develop a healthy value system;
- To promote good discipline by developing character and self-control, both of which is essential to the growth of each student;
- To develop the idea that Religion is a way of life and as such is to be interwoven into each person’s undertakings and activities;
- To encourage parent(s) / Guardians to become more involved in the school life of their children
- To provide an atmosphere of respect in which students and parents experience the commitment of the faculty who share a common Faith and value system;
- To deal honestly and understandingly with each student and parent, according to Catholic Christian values and with only one concern: the good of the children;
It is our belief that every human being has a right to pursue knowledge corresponding with his/ her dignity and God-given ability, regardless of background or sex. Education is of the utmost importance, because through a Catholic education our children learn to live as responsible, moral beings with a sense of purpose all rooted in Catholic-Christian Values.